
You can pick up a box of old photographs and be amazed by what you see. Dad died this summer, and pictures of him are everywhere. One caught my attention: This one. I had seen it before but after scanning it, making it larger, it got to me. What was I seeing in those eyes, that handsome face? Frustration? Disgust? Anger that you had four kids and a mother-in-law at home? A small house and an unappreciative boss? Were you questioning your reason for being? Was the smoke curling up your nose as you took this shot? No matter. I've seen this face before.
Gosh, I loved you, Dad. Did you ever find out what you were so angry about?
Great photo.
ReplyDeleteHope the teacher certification goes well--I entered the field late, real glad I did, but some of the hoops along the way can be interesting.
Glad I stumbled upon the site.